Weight Watchers program is something more than counting calories. This program uses a points system which was revised as the Smart Points plan. This plan helps you to make healthier choices and live a better quality life.it this program there are smart points that will plan your meals. But the question is how many weight watcher smart points do I get?
Weight Watchers assigns a Points value to foods on the basis of how nutritious the food is. It takes the protein, carbohydrate, fat and fibre content of food for assigning values. Foods that have high nutrient are assigned a low Point value, and foods that are less nutritious have a higher Point value. All you need to do is to set a target. This point plus value allows you to eat what you want while staying within your Points Plus Target. If you choose healthier foods, you’ll be able to eat more and make the best food choices.
Continue reading to get the answer to your question of how many weight watcher smart points do I get?
How Many Weight Watcher Smart Points Do I Get?
The minimum value you’re assigned is 26. To come up with your daily point total, Weight Watchers uses a formula. This formula assigns points to individual components like gender, age, height and weight. You also have an additional 49 Points Plus values per week that you can spread out or you can use all at once. It’s like saving a bank. In addition to this, Points Plus values are also assigned to physical activity. When you are engaged in a physical activity you can add points.
We hope you get an answer to your question of how many weight watcher smart points do I get?
How Does The Smart Points Plan Work?
Weight Watchers likes the Smart Points program. Your Smart Points depend upon various factors like weight loss, weight maintenance and physical stats like age, weight, height and gender. In addition to your daily points, you also get a certain number of weekly Smart Points which you can spend according to your wish. These act like savings account if someday you exceed your Smart Points you can draw down on the weekly savings.
How To Calculate Smart Points?
When you enrol for any of these ways the program on the app, the calculator or your leader uses your weight, height, gender, age and goal to figure you’re Smart Points if you calculate your weight watcher point without being a member of weight watchers it should be of no use for you. There are three ways to use the weight watcher program
- Online tracking,
- One-on-one personal coaching
- Group meetings.
- Choosing the method depends on your personal preference and price point.
You just need the app or calculator to find out how to spend your points. Each food has different smart points only these methods can tell you how many smart points you get.
Foods And Their Smart Points:
Different foods have different smart points. The Smart Points value of food not only depends on its calories, sugar, carbohydrates, protein and fat. Even the type of fat also affect the value; for example, saturated fats are heavier than healthy unsaturated fats. Lean proteins like chicken breast or canned tuna packed in water, have lower SmartPoints values than fatty meats.
For calculating smart pints you need access to the app or calculator to determine Smart Point values. Weights watches have smart points of every food item and have smart of some recipes too present in its database.
- A whole egg has 2 Smart Points
- 2 tablespoons of low-fat shredded cheddar cheese have 1 Smart Point
- 1/2 cup of beans or lentils contains 3 Smart Points
- 3 ounces of lean pork offers 3 Smart Points
Food Having Zero Smart Points:
Here are some foods that carry zero smart point
- Fresh and Frozen Fruit with no added sugar
- Canned fruit
- Canned fruit in its own natural juice or drained
- Fresh and frozen and canned vegetables with no added oil or sugar
- Fresh, frozen, and canned beans and lentils that are packed without oil or sugar have zero smart points.
Weight Watchers Tips:
If you want to know how many weight watcher smart points do I get? Then keep these tips in mind
- Daily points do not roll over to next day. For example, if you have 5 points short of your allowed points on Monday, you cannot add an extra 5 points on the next day to even them out.
- Nutritious healthy filling foods such as lean meat, whole grains, fruit and vegetables will result in healthy weight loss
- Physical Activities are also assigned with points. The resulting calorie deficit can also cause weight loss
- Drink plenty of water in your routine.