So let’s talk a little about strawberry shortcake popsicles. How to put these 3 together. While I love a good icy Popsicle, I really wanted these to have a more creamy consistency to them. A Popsicle modelled after cake should certainly be on the creamy side. Strawberry Shortcake Popsicles are so easy to prepare and are so good in taste. Layers of delicious strawberry + milky vanilla with shortbread are extremely yum. Strawberry shortcake in Popsicle form! It’s that good and fun to eat these popsicles
WHY STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE POPSICLES?
There are so many things to love about strawberry shortcake popsicles. First of all, they are yummy cool and perfect for summer. Secondly, they are full of fresh strawberries, which are so delicious and healthy. If you have 6 popsicles, there are about 2 full pounds of strawberries in them. Which totally makes these super healthy!
Another bonus is that the middle layer is full of buttery and delicious Shortbread pieces that give these popsicles yummy texture and really makes them taste just like strawberry shortbread. The sweetened vanilla milk is like the beaten cream in strawberry shortcake popsicles, and these buttery cookies are just enough that it’s like biting strawberry shortcake popsicle cake. Prep Time: 6-7 hours (including freezing time)
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 6-7 hours and 30 minutes
- Makes: 6 Popsicles 1x
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: American
Strawberry shortcake Popsicle ingredients:
Here is the ingredient required for strawberry shortcake Popsicle. Which are very easily available everywhere.
- 1 cup (240ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (104g) sugar
- 2 cups (480ml) strawberry puree
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4–5 strawberries, sliced
- 7 oz package Walkers Shortbread Highlanders
Strawberry shortcake Popsicle Recipe:
Here is the complete recipe follow the instruction correctly and in order to get these delicious strawberry shortcake Popsicle ready. It’s very quick easy and yummy to prepare.
- Add the milk and sugar to a saucepan and cook over medium heat while stirring regularly, until the sugar is dissolved in milk. When dissolved set it aside to cool.
- Add the pure strawberry to a saucepan over medium heat and cook until it is reduced to half, about 1 cup. The mixture starts to light boil, but you don’t want it to start boiling a lot.
- Remove it from the heat and add 3/4 cup of the milk mixture and stir it to combine. Set aside.
- Now add the vanilla extract to the remaining milk and stir them to combine. Set the mixture aside.
- Add a couple of slices of strawberries to each Popsicle mould, and press slice of strawberries against the insides of the mould.
- You can also add some of the strawberry mixtures to the bottom of the Popsicle moulds. Freeze them for about 1 hour.
- Crush 3-4 shortbread cookies and add the shortbread crushes to the milk mixture. Assure that the crushed shortbread is in small enough pieces so that they can easily fit into the Popsicle moulds.
- Split the milk mixture in Popsicle moulds so that each mould is about 2/3 full.
- Now place a Popsicle stick into each Popsicle, and make sure that the stick is into the bottom strawberry layer at least about half way. This will help you when you remove the pops from the mould later. Freeze these Popsicle for about another hour. To make the strawberry shortcake ice cream Popsicle.
- Spread the leftover strawberry mixture among the popsicles, then sprinkle some crushed shortbread on top of it.
- Freeze popsicles for 4-6 hours or overnight until they are firm.
- For removing the popsicles from the mould, put the mould in room temperature water for many seconds and then shake the Popsicle free. Enjoy it immediately or you can also store in the freezer in a sandwich bag. If you want to store them I would suggest wrapping the Popsicle in some parchment paper so they don’t stick to the bag.
Be careful about timings and quantity of ingredients. If you want to get 2 cups of strawberry puree, you had to take about 3 1/2 cups of strawberries that were all cut in half. Let them take their time don’t spoil them in a hurry. Try it to enjoy it and give your summer a refresh with these cool strawberry shortcake Popsicle.