Many people claim that if you don’t stay hydrated during the course of the day, your energy levels and brain function start to suffer. And there are many studies to support this. One study in women showed that a fluid loss of 1.36% after exercise caused impaired mood and concentration and increased the frequency of headaches. Many other studies show that mild dehydration (1–3% of body weight) caused by exercise or heat can harm many features of brain function. Keep it in mind that just 1% of body weight is a significant amount which happens largely when you’re sweating a lot. Which means that mild dehydration can negatively affect physical performance, leading to reduced endurance. Mild dehydration caused by exercise or heat can cause negative effects on both of your physical and mental performance. So how much water should I drink a day to keep myself safe from dehydration?
How much water should I drink a day to stop dehydration:
Water is essential for good health yet it need vary among individuals. How much water should you drink each day? It’s a simple question with a very easy answer. Every day actually you are losing water through your breath, perspiration, urine and bowel movements. For proper functioning of the body, you must replenish its water supply by consuming beverages and foods that contain water.
Here is the answer to question how much water should I drink a day
- About 15.5 cups which is 3.7 liters of fluids for men
- About 11.5 cups which is 2.7 liters of fluids a day for women
These recommendations contain fluids from water, other beverages and food. About 20 percent of daily fluid intake comes from food and the rest from drinks. Your individual water needs depend on many factors which include your health, how active you are and where you live.No single formula suits, everyone. But knowing more about your body’s need for fluids will at least help you estimate how much water to drink each day.
How much water should I drink a day calculator:
Increased water intake can also help in weight loss.it may reduce your body weight by increasing your metabolism and reducing your appetite. According to a study, drinking 17 ounces which are 500 ml of water can boost your metabolism by 24–30 %.Water is very beneficial for the body you can drink it as much as you can. Try to increase the amount of water in your daily routine and extend it to 8 to 10 glass per day to have a healthy body.
What about the advice to drink 8 glasses a day? You’ve already heard the advice, “Drink eight 8-ounce glasses of water a day.” Which is very easy to remember. Most healthy people can stay hydrated by only drinking water and other fluids whenever they feel thirsty. For many people, fewer than eight glasses a day might be enough while others might need more. For checking the amount of water you are drinking in a day you can use water calculators also,
Health benefits of drinking water:
There are many drinking 2 liters of water a day benefits and 4 liters add the bonus. Here we’ll give you some benefits to help you better understand why anyone would try to drink 4 litres of water every day. So that you might be able to find out what kind of positives people are experiencing from drinking 4 liters of water a day benefits
- If you are to lose weight. It’s no secret now that drinking plenty of water is a path to success when you’re trying to lose weight. Because drinking extra water in a day can help to flush away the excesses sodium in your diet.
- It Can Improve your Sleep. Which means drinking extra water in a day can help you improve your sleep, too.
- Drinking excess of water gives your hair a vibrant appearance in no time. When you’re dehydrated, your hair shows it and become rough and dull
- When your skin is dehydrated will lead it to look bad and feeling even worse. keep in mind that drinking enough water in a day is usually enough to solve the skin issues for many people
- Did you know drinking enough water can help to improve the digestion of your body?
- When your body has not enough to drink, your mind will feel better for it and you will stay fresh
- The more water drinks the more energetic you’re sure to feel, no matter what your day might throw at you. You will stay energetic and fresh.