Here we are going to share quick and easy homemade Alfredo sauce with cream cheese recipe with you! You have already listened about Alfredo sauce but here I change it up a little and try making it with cream cheese. It’s very delicious, and quick enough for dinner! So the answer to the question that can you make Alfredo sauce with cream cheese? YES, you can! There is a lot of people love who love making Alfredo sauce with cream cheese. I used to make it years ago and due to some reason, just hadn’t made it in a while so thought I’d give it another try.
Ingredients Of Alfredo Sauce With Cream Cheese:
2 tablespoons butter2 Portobello mushroom caps, thinly sliced1 (8 ounces) package cream cheese1/2 cup butter1 1/2 cups milk6 ounces grated Parmesan cheese, or to taste1 clove garlic, crushed1 tablespoon minced fresh basil leaves ground white pepper, to taste Add all ingredients to list
- First Heat 2 tablespoons of butter in a skillet on medium heat. Mix in the mushrooms, cook and stir until they are softened. Which takes about 5 minutes. Now set it aside.
- After some time melt the cream cheese and 1/2 cup of butter in a saucepan over the medium flame while stirring occasionally. Stir in the milk with Parmesan cheese and continue mixing until smooth. Add garlic, basil, and white pepper into it. Cook for 5 minutes, then remove the garlic. Stir in the cooked mushrooms before serving.
- Prep time: 10 m
- Cook: 15 m
- Ready In: 25 m
Nutrition Facts per serving: 464 calories; 41.6 g fat; 7.2 g carbohydrates; 16.9 g protein; 122 mg cholesterol; 708 mg sodium.
How To Cut Calories On Alfredo Sauce With Cream Cheese Recipe:
If you are diet conscious you can use lower fat ingredients with good success. The nice thing about this dish is that you can make it with low-fat cream cheese and skim milk, compared to regular Alfredo sauce which uses a lot of heavy creams. Personally, I think the Alfredo sauce with heavy cream tastes delicious specifically if you’re going for that Olive Garden Alfredo sauce type taste, BUT if you want to cut the fat or want to try something different, you can give low-fat cream a try. It’s still really good in taste.
Tips and substitutions:
- Use this sauce immediately for best results. A sprinkling of A little grated nutmeg and black pepper on top is a great addition as well as parmesan cheese.
- You can also use fat-free milk or 2%, whole, or half & half, or heavy cream.
- If you want to make traditional Alfredo sauce and sour cream, add some cream cheese. Using cream cheese can help to round out the rich flavour, thicken the sauce, and prevent it from separating. Make a classic Alfredo sauce having cream cheese, butter, and parmesan. Or you can try a reduced fat version that uses low-fat, Neufchatel cheese. You can also reduce the quantity of heavy cream and use low-fat milk instead. Thicken the sauce with a roux to cut out much butter.
- Alfredo Sauce and heavy cream are one of those things that everyone in my family will agree on. Seriously, what’s not to love in these recipes? Butter, cheese, cream… and it’s generally served over a pasta recipe because carbs in a creamy sauce are the perfect food…but it’s for those who are not counting their calories/carbs/fat/macros or whatever the diet of the month is.
- You can also try super simple Fettuccine Alfredo. But if you’re looking for something a little different, and extra creamy then this easy Alfredo sauce with cream is the best recipe to try.
Why Add Cream Cheese To Alfredo Sauce?
Using Alfredo sauce with cream cheese is a no brainer! It’s very easy, ultra creamy, and doesn’t do that thing which Alfredo sauces sometimes do. Because Alfredo sauce alone gets separate or gets way too thick. Adding cream cheese to Alfredo sauce is a very shortcut way to add creaminess and flavour to your food! Give this recipe a try in your way and enjoy the taste of it. It uses less number of ingredients and less time to get prepared which makes it best.