This is easy strawberry smoothie that you can also make dairy free or high protein. You can try this healthy smoothie for breakfast or a snack. This easy strawberry smoothie is made with just few ingredients. Yogurt is on choice if you want to add it or not. It’s very cool, creamy and refreshing. You can make it dairy free, vegan or high protein according to you wish. So here I am going to explain how to make your perfect strawberry banana smoothie in this post! My kids and I have been drinking smoothies nonstop this summer and loving it. We love this strawberry smoothie for a snack and for breakfast.
Recipe for how to make a strawberry smoothie:
Here are ingredients.
- pint (2 cups) fresh strawberries
- cup milk
- containers (6 oz each) strawberry low-fat yogurt
- Buy Ingredients Powered by Chicory
- First place all the strawberries in a strainer and rinse under cold running water. Then gently pat them dry with paper towels. Save 4 strawberries for the garnish purpose. Cut out the hull, or “cap,” from the strawberries with the point of a cutting knife.
- Take a blender or food processor, add the strawberries, milk and yogurt.
- Cover it and blend on high speed about 30 seconds or until it is smooth. Pour the smoothie into glasses. Garnish each glass with a strawberry.
Tips for how to make a strawberry smoothie:
- You can use blender or food processor
- For 90 calories and no fat per serving, you can also use fat-free (skim) milk and fat-free strawberry yogurt in this smoothie.
- If you like another flavor you can also use other flavored yogurts such as banana cream pie, mixed berry or key lime pie for a flavor change and twist in your smoothie.
- For an added colorful touch, you can leave the green leaves on the strawberries. Then make a small cut on the side of the strawberry and slide this strawberry on the rim of the glass.
- Or you can cut out the hull, or “cap,” with the point of a paring knife.
- Sweet and creamy, with fresh strawberry flavor. This healthy strawberry smoothie can be made with milk, dairy free or high protein.
Healthy benefits of strawberry smoothie:
After knowing How to make a strawberry smoothie you should know about health benefits of drinking it.
A strawberry smoothie is best for your health because strawberries contain fiber, vitamins and antioxidants in it. Strawberry is among the top 20 most antioxidant-rich fruits. One serving of strawberries contains more vitamin C than an orange contains. Try to buy organic strawberries if possible they are healthier. Non-organic strawberries often test positive for at least one pesticide. You can also buy the large Costco packages of frozen organic strawberries fort smoothie if fresh ones are not available. You can also try strawberry banana smoothie
High protein smoothie:
To make high protein smoothie Add plain Greek yogurt and/or nut butter to this strawberry smoothie for more quantity of protein. Just blend the yogurt and nut butter into the smoothie along with all the ingredients. Almond butter is my favorite in this smoothie. The almond butter is so good with the strawberries and banana! Peanut butter is also delicious.
FRUIT SMOOTHIE FOR BREAKFAST?
If you make your own fruit smoothie at home with no added sugar, fruit smoothies are a healthy option for breakfast! Our rule of thumb is to use unsweetened, whole fruit, 100% fruit juice or almond milk, and some kind of protein add-in such as Greek yogurt which depends upon your choice. And of course you are free to choice use any sort of fruit and jam to make this smoothie recipe add your flavor of choice–raspberry, blackberry, mango, and the sky is the limit. Sometimes the simple choice provides the greatest pleasure like strawberry smoothie.
HOW MANY CALORIES ARE IN A STRAWBERRY SMOOTHIE?
The most important question for diet conscious people. How many calories in strawberry smoothie. So, in a homemade strawberry smoothie recipe, there are about 214 calories. For every 10 ounces of frozen strawberries, there are about 2 cups .The cow’s milk can be exchanged with kefir or any sort of non-dairy milk that you like in your diet. You could also use sugar-free jam or “spreadable fruit” to decrease the sugar levels in smoothie which will also decrease the amount of calories.